Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Welcome Victoria Adams with her latest - A Guy and a Girl

Lies, deceits and secrets - not a good way to begin a relationship.




Blurb

After an ugly past forced Hunter Connolly to escape to Europe, the talented hockey player is back in North America and determined to land a position with a professional team. But he can’t hide from his past forever, especially when his beautiful classmate, Chelsea, forces him to reexamine his life. Soon, hockey is not his first priority anymore.

Chelsea Henderson is a bright co-ed working towards her dream of being a professional dancer. She forms a unique friendship with one of her father’s newest recruits and would love nothing more than to take it to the next level. However, there’s just one small problem. He doesn’t know she’s his coach’s daughter.

Amid the deceptions, danger lurks closer than they could ever imagine. Will fate contrive to rip the young lovers apart? Or will Hunter and Chelsea have their shot at love?

Buy link - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2GRD1U

Excerpt

Hunter stepped into the campus coffeehouse and looked around. No Kendall, that was a relief. No Chelsea, that was a disappointment. He settled at a table in the back corner and opened his notebook.

"Coffee? Double cream, no sugar?"

Hunter smiled at the waitress.

"You studying for the antigens test?"

He grimaced and nodded. His stomach rumbled. "And somethin' to eat, please. BLT."

Focused on his studying, Hunter barely acknowledged the arrival of his sandwich let alone remembered eating it. A figure sat in the chair opposite him. Hunter looked up from his notes. Seated across from him was a man with an angry brow.

"Just thought I'd set you straight." Todd's tone matched the look on his face.

Keeping his voice level, Hunter placed his pen on the table. "Looking forward to the experience."

"Stay away from Chelsea."

"Chels told me she dumped you."

"Chelsea. Don't go sticking any cute, little nicknames on her." Todd leaned closer. "You don't have the right. She's mine." He brushed a crumb off the table. "My fiancée and I had a little disagreement. When you've been together as long as we have...and as intimate as we've been..." He closed his eyes and sighed. "Our love is too deep...too fulfilling to be broken by silly disagreements."

Fiancée? "If your love's that true then why am I a threat?" Hunter forced the sarcasm out of his voice.

"You aren't a threat to me. I know Chelsea loves me, passionately. I hear it in her whispers and feel it in her kisses."

If I throw up on him will he go away? Hunter picked up his pen and twirled it between his fingers. "Chels is just a classmate."

"Chelsea!" Todd slammed his hands on the table. His eyes narrowed to a slit. "Just a classmate? Chelsea's the most sublime creature on this planet. It's my destiny to love and protect her."

Gawd, get a life. Hunter gripped his pen. "I have to get back to studying. Got a test tomorrow."

Todd's voice lowered to growl. "I meant every word I said. Every single word!" He pushed his chair back and stood. "If you go near her, it'll be the last thing you ever do." He turned and walked away.




Bio


I'm Victoria Adams. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband and pets. Daughter's grown up and is now teaching. I like to garden, cook and belly dance. In the summer, cars slow down when they pass my front yard and the passengers gaze at my flower beds. Friends love to be invited over for supper as the meal is going to be good, good for you and nowhere near low-calorie! No dieting allowed at dinner parties. As to belly dancing, find a class and try it. It's a blast!

I've been writing since I was little. Being an only child, long car rides were filled with making up stories in my head about the people I saw out the car window. When my daughter was younger, I made up stories that she suggested. I'd say – Once upon a time there was a…. She'd shout an answer – chicken! And the story went from there. Great creativity exercise as it turns out. Now, my writing style has taken a split to contemporary romance for adults and contemporary romance for new adults.

 
Where to find me

Blog – Victoria's Pages of Romance – http://victoriaadams.blogspot.com



Facebook - Circles Trilogy Page - http://www.facebook.com/CirclesTrilogy?ref=hl



Google+ - Victoria Adams


Plus – Triberr, Amazon Author, LinkedIn, SocialOmph, Goodreads etc
 


 

11 comments:

  1. Welcome Victoria and thanks for the amusing excerpt from A Guy and a Girl (I'm speaking about the throw up line). ;-)

    And thanks for being here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me visit. Hunter does have a bit of a sarcastic sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you belly dance too! What a fun bio, Victoria. Best luck with your latest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good excerpt and book cover. It sounds like Hunter has some difficult decisions to make. Good luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he does have some issues to deal with. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful finding a fellow gardener. I haven't read your book yet, but it's sitting here in my Kindle. Young love is always special and full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the release. I love Hunter's attitude. What inspired the story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm Canadian - hence the hockey aspect and it just evolved from there. I don't remember there being any specific moment.

      Delete