Thursday, January 22, 2015

Oh, this takes me back a few years - Are you going to Scarborough Fair? Welcome to Kryssie Fortune



Are you going to Scarborough Fair Castle?

 

Knights and castle go together, right? When I sat down to write Knights Vampire, I not only needed to invent an order of crusader Knights, and I came up with the Knights Defender. Now all I needed a hero. You know the sort—strong and tough and fresh from the fight.

Blaxton de Ferrers leapt straight from my imagination into my heart, but he needed a backstory.

I started in a place I know and love, Scarborough. It’s a holiday resort on the North Yorkshire coast. It has two beautiful bays, miles of sandy beaches, and a pretty fishing harbor. Most importantly, a castle stands proudly on the cliff top, separating the town’s two bays.
 


Scarborough Castle has its own history, and it doesn’t mention my Knights Defender. Well, it wouldn’t since I made them up.

So I came up with a cunning plan. Make up a town. I came up with Whitborough. So, back to the castle. I knew Scarborough castle has a chapel built in the hollow of a Roman signal station. I simply moved it to Whitborough. One of my Facebook friends, Sue Grimwood, took this photograph of it.

Guess where Blaxton meets his twenty-first century heroine?
 
 

Blaxton de Ferrers, referred to by his contemporizes as Blaxton the Bold was the middle son of Peter de Ferrers, and he spent an idyllic childhood in Whitborough castle. As an adult, he joined the Knights Defender. He fought for justice, and even crusaded at Richard the Lionheart's side.

Everything changed when the Knights Defender tricked him out of his soul. When his cousin Rolf stuck a knife in his back, Blaxton rose as a vampire.

Now he’s a billionaire property developer with a philanthropic streak. Finally, after more than eight centuries alone, he returns to his childhood home. He never expected to find romance, danger and mystery. He must solve the mysteries of his past to keep his newly discovered life mate safe.


 
Book Blurb

Betrayed by the Knight Defenders and murdered by his cousin, crusader knight Blaxton de Ferrers rose as a vampire. For nine centuries, he’s preyed on the people he once swore to protect. Gradually, as his emotions leach out of him, he forgets how to feel. Then he meets Harriet.

Harriet Mortlake’s a strong sassy woman who battles her weight and her temper. Her job is to seek out the ancient secrets of the castle that was Blaxton’s childhood home. Instead, she finds the love of her life.

When danger threatens Harriet, Blaxton steps in. Harriet and Blaxton, are a match made in heaven. Except… he’s a vampire and to fully claim her, he’ll have to kill her.

Buy links








Media Author Links
I’d love to hear from you, or answer any questions you might have.
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/kryssie.fortune
Twitter https://twitter.com/KryssieFortune
Blog / Web site  http://kryssiefortune.blogspot.co.uk/?zx=ccc4a46fd9391f4c

2 comments:

  1. Welcome, Kryssie! I love the photos of Scotland, one of my favorite countries. Congratulations on your Loose Id release of Knights Vampire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. Thank you for hosting me.I'm thrilled with this book and think it's one of the best I've written.
    I'm sorry to seem rude, but the photographs are Scarborough on the North Yorkshire Coast. It's a wonderful town, and if anyone gets chance to visit, they should.

    ReplyDelete